Updated: Nov 1
The fitness routine in the gym and meal plan for that Hollywood body with a six pack, rock hard triceps and an arse as curvy as Kim Kardashian...
After years of personal training at my studio in Grimsby, I have really got to understand why men and women struggle so much with achieving their "perfect" body.
My Top 7 Reasons Why Men & Women Fail With Their Body Goals Are:
1. Body Goals. Giving yourself unrealistic goals of what you are wanting to look like is setting you up to fail from the start. For all you ladies out there wanting to look like Hollywood movie star Salma Hayek or you blokes wanting to look like Dwain Johnson then I have some bad news...it isn't going to happen for 99.9% of you.
2. Consistency. It has maybe been 2, 10, 15 or 25 years of not exercising and not eating correctly. Why do you expect to drop 3 dress sizes when you start your meal plan every Monday, do a class Monday and Tuesday, weigh yourself naked after the toilet on Wednesday morning then give up when you haven't lost any weight. It can take months or years to get to where you want to be.
3. Don't understand your daily calorie allowance. First of all you need to work out roughly how many calories you are allowed based on your TDEE (Total Daily Energy Expenditure). There are various calorie calculators on the internet to help you. Once you get this figure then drop it by 15-20% to create a calorie deficit for fat loss or add 15-20% for muscle building. No food is bad for you. Don't cut out your favourite foods just cut down on the high calorie ones.
4. Getting fit. This doesn't mean you have to take up running. Running isn't the best thing to get you fit. The best exercise to get you fit is the one you stick to. There is no point in going running in the winter, knees hurting and you can't stand it just because crazy Karen next door runs 3 marathons a week and is 6 stone. You are not crazy Karen.
Try something you might/do enjoy, swimming, walking, badminton, tennis etc..
5. You are on your own. If losing weight, getting fit and staying motivated doesn't come naturally then always try and team up with a friend, family member or colleague (preferably one you like, else it can be a long walk with someone boring and chatting about themselves all the time!!). Trying to keep training on your own can be very difficult as it's too easy to "do it tomorrow".
You can give up at any point. It's harder to let someone else down as well, unless you are a naturally selfish person.
6. Lifestyle. "I work full time with 3 kids and are a full time kiddie taxi driver in the evening, so go on then Dave you smart arse you tell me when I am going to get fit and lose this belly? I never said it would be easy but if there is enough motivation there is a way. There are 168 hours in a week. Try 3 half hour home workouts a week and plan your meals for the upcoming week on a Sunday. If you can't motivate yourself to do this then hire this amazing person to do it for you.
7. Motivation. 5 massive motivation tips to lose fat and get fit:
Your goal should be, to be a better version of yourself.
Plan meals and fitness
Stop following "insta fit bodies" on social media, it's depressing.
Find a friend and motivate each over
Stick to your calories, eat as much protein as you can and don't cut out your favourite foods.
Keep trying, stay motivated and have a great day!
If you have any questions then please send me an email